Ulrike features MailChimp for WordPress plugin to create newsletter signup form. The signup form can be displayed in the widget area and newsletter pop-up of your website. To add a MailChimp newsletter form, you need to create a MailChimp account first if you don’t have one. Install and activate the plugin, and then set up your signup form.
1. After installing and activating the plugin, go to MailChimp for WP > MailChimp section from your dashboard.
2. Add your MailChimp API key (use Get your API key here link to obtain your key) then click Save Changes.
3. Go to MailChimp for WP > Forms, check your list for ‘Lists this form subscribes to’ option to set which list to use for subscription on MailChimp.
4. Customize the form to your liking, then click Save Changes. You may use the field generator for the easiest way in creating form
5. Copy the shortcode at the bottom of form setting to display this form inside a post, page or text widget; next we will try to create the form in the widget area.
6. Go to Appearance > Customize > Widget.
7. Choose a sidebar to input the form, then add ‘Dahz widget – Newsletter Form’ widget into it.
8. Paste the shortcode into the Newsletter Code box.
9. Save & publish
TIP: You may also display the link for signing up as an element in header builder, and the setting can be found in Appearance > Customize > Header > Header Newsletter.
Popup Newsletter Settings
After setting up the MailChimp form, you can use the shortcode to create pop-up signup form.
- Go to Appearance > Customize > Header > Header Newsletter.
- Paste the MailChimp shortcode in the Newsletter shortcode Form.
- Fill in the heading and text for the pop-up form.
- Click Save & Publish.
NOTE: If you can’t directly see your customization on the live customizer, you need to Save & Publish it first.